Capirossi Furious Miss His Home Race

Friday, July 1, 2011

Racing on home turf of special significance for all riders, Loris Capirossi is no exception. Unfortunately, he could not in action at Mugello for broken bones.

Capirossi crashed at the end of the Dutch MotoGP qualifying session last weekend. As a result of the accident, the Italian rider was injured and absent in Assen.

Although absent in Assen, Pramac Ducati rider was still hoping to comeback in the Italian MotoGP race in Mugello this weekend. However, that hope vanished along with medical confirmation that says he suffered two broken ribs and severe bruising on his right shoulder. He was absent for the first time at Mugello after previously always participated in the last 20 years.

"I certainly feel very disappointed and angry. I hope I will be there on the track for this race, but my injuries from the crash at Assen forced me to raise a white flag to Mugello for the first time in my career," regrets Capirossi in MotoGP's official website.

"I apologize for the many fans who will come to the race at Mugelo, the circuit's most emotionally close. I have many fond memories in the circuit," added the man was 38 years.

"I want to change my race this season. Now, I had to rest, at least for two weeks, and try to get back on track as soon as possible," he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Simoncelli MotoGP All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Simoncelli MotoGP | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.