Repsol Honda rider, Casey Stoner, dominated the German Grand Prix qualifying on Saturday (16/07/2011). The Australian rider, who had never been the fastest in three practice sessions during the weekend, noting the amazing results because the fastest with a time of 1 minute 21.681 seconds so that the right to occupy pole position for the race at the Sachsenring circuit on Sunday (17/07/2011). This is his sixth pole in the 2011 season.
2007 world champion's performance was somewhat surprising because he is well ahead of nearest rival who was also his team mate, Dani Pedrosa, with a gap of 0.252 seconds. In fact, during the three free practice, the difference between the fastest rider with a rating of two very thin because never reaches 0.1 seconds.
Initially, Stoner, who now leads the standings, was unbeaten when it recorded the best time of 1 minute 21.808 seconds. However, the former Ducati rider is constantly trying to sharpen raihannya and he can fix it before the end of the qualifying session that lasted one hour.
Repsol Honda duo will be challenged by the number one Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo. Defending champion Spaniard was ranked third, so will start from the first grid. Lorenzo, the third-fastest in free practice, beating the record time of Marco Simoncelli, who dominated the free practice 1-2. The spiky is a mainstay of this Honda Gresini have to settle for the start of the fourth position.
Behind the "Super Sic 'consecutive no teammate Lorenzo, Ben Spies, Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda), Colin Edwards (Yamaha Tech 3), Nicky Hayden (Ducati), Randy de Puniet (Pramac), and Alvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki), who finished 10th.
Disappointing results achieved by seven-times world champion MotoGP, Valentino Rossi, riding a Desmosedici GP11.1. "The Doctor", who crashed on the first free practice and suffered cuts on his right arm, collapsed at number 16. This is the worst qualifying result of the former Honda and Yamaha rider during the season.
Rossi is only better than Sylvain Guintoli, Loris Capirossi rider-replacement for Capirossi could not appear because it is still in the recovery process when injury from falls Dutch Grand Prix qualifying, which had to settle for a caretaker position. This of course being not so good moment to mark the 250th appearance of his career Rossi in the motor racing arena.
- German GP qualifying results
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda 1m 21.681s
2. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda 1m 21.933s ESP
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing ESP 1m 21.944s
4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 21.954s
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 22.056s
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda 1m 22.157s
7. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha Monster 1m 22.368s
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro 1m 22.388s
9. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing 1m 22.503s
10. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki 1m 22.604s
11. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar 1m 22.676s
12. Cal Crutchlow GBR Tech 3 Yamaha Monster 1m 22.676s
13. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 23.164s
14. Toni Elias Honda ESP LCR 1m 23.201s
15. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 23.248s
16. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro 1m 23.320s
17. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Pramac Racing 1m 24.707s
Fastest practice time:
Jorge Lorenzo Fiat Yamaha ESP 1m 22.112s (FP3)
2010 German GP (July 17):
Jorge Lorenzo Fiat Yamaha ESP 1m 21.817s
Fastest race lap:
Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda 1m 21.882s ESP