Ben Spies managed to win series MotoGP Assen 2011 (25/06/2011). This is the first title The Elbow in the primary class MotoGP since participation in 2010.
In the race that completed some time ago, Spies start in second place behind the Honda Gresini rider Marco Simoncelli. But after the start, Spies leads the race and utilize insident that occur early in the race.
Marco Simoncelli doing a bad race again so fall on an incident involving a Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo. While both are able to continue the race, his position has been scattered far behind.
The two Repsol Honda riders Casey Stoner and Andrea Dovizioso completing the second and third podium Assen. With this result Stoner increasingly widen the distance from Lorenzo with 136 points or difference of 28 points.
For Spies this victory is also a gift to Yamaha team celebrations over the past 50 years of participation in MotoGP.
Results MotoGP Assen 2011
1. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 41m 44.659s
2. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda 41m 52.356s
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda 42m 12.165s
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro 42m 15.343s
5. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro 42m 27.831s
6. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 42m 29.195s
7. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 42m 52.771s
8. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Repsol Honda 42m 55.412s
9. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 43m 9.584s
10. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda 43m 10.875s
11. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki 43m 23.125s
12. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar 42m 11.012s
13. Kousuke Akiyoshi JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 42m 58.437s
14. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 43m 7.755s
Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing
Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing
video courtesy of trans7