Elías takes positives from Assen top-ten result

Monday, June 27, 2011

In Friday’s tough qualifying session Elías was not talented to make the most of the softer rear tyre, qualifying 16th on the grid, but the Spaniard made another strong start from the last row and in spite of the slippery conditions of the Dutch asphalt the Moto2 World Champion kept his steady rhythm until the end of the race. Now Elías and his squad will move on straight to Italy for the crowded Mugello GP this weekend.

http://simoncellimotogp.blogspot.com/

“As I said many times previously this is not the position I was dreaming of, but allowing for the rear grip issues and these difficult asphalt conditions I am very pleased about this race. I took another good start from the last row concluding the first lap in 9th position. Suddenly Abraham stopped in front of me and I risked crashing into him, so I lost a couple of seconds there. If the race would have been wet I could have fought for a better position but I cannot protest now. We still have many things to regulate in the dry and we will see what the weather is going to be in Mugello.”

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Simoncelli MotoGP All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Simoncelli MotoGP | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.