Casey Stoner finally completed his dream to become a MotoGP world championship this season. Won the race in his own home, Stoner even embraced second championship title in his career.
Stoner was untouchable from start to finish and make himself a record fifth successive victory on this circuit since 2007.
Racing this time not followed by two Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies who suffered an injury during warm-up lap.
As a result the race was dominated by Honda rider, who finished first through fourth. Fifth place was won by Ducati, Nicky Hayden.
The Doctor again achieved poor results after slipping on lap 12 shortly after the preceding Alvaro Bautista to be in fifth position.
Stoner became the world champion, which stood at 325 points in the riders standings and could not be overtaken again by Jorge Lorenzo (260 points) in two series remaining, Sepang and Valencia.
Results MotoGP Australia 2011
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda 42m 2.425s
2. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 42m 4.635s
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda 42m 4.879s
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda 42m 15.585s
5. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 42m 33.311s
6. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing 42m 51.225s
7. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro 43m 18.739s
8. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda 42m 5.177s
9. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing 42m 9.187s
10. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 42m 45.142s
Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki
Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini
Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3
Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro
Damian Cudlin AUS Mapfre Aspar
Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing
video courtesy of trans7