It's Not The Bike nor Tires, I'm Just Tired - Stoner

Monday, September 5, 2011

Casey Stoner's domination finally collapsed at Misano, San Marino. Repsol Honda rider was unable to defend his first position must be willing and even overtaken by his teammate, Dani Pedrosa.

Stoner appear prima when pressing Jorge Lorenzo in the first half of the race the San Marino GP Sunday (09/04/2011). However, on lap 19, Stoner pressure decreases and starts to slow down. Stoner reduced its pressure makes Lorenzo freely expand its range to become champion.

"At the start of the race I was careful because there are some areas where the rain. Once done I was quite comfortable behind Jorge, I do not feel the need to encourage and then fatigue suddenly attacked me, "Stoner said in a press release Honda Racing.

Drizzle of rain which had been coloring the race early. The marshal was already waving the white flag without a driver may enter the pits to replace the bike with a motor that uses both wet tires. But the rain was not so down so the rider continues to step on the gas.

Although the condition is not completely wet and not completely dry making Stoner felt had trouble finding the braking point, but he claimed the bike perfectly. Source of its defeat this time is because he is exhausted.

"In the middle of the race, I suddenly felt exhausted. I began to be difficult to set the pace of widening problems with braking and so lost a lot of time," said Stoner. On lap 22, Stoner overtaken his team mate, Dani Pedrosa. Fortunately, Stoner was able to maintain speed so that it can finish in third.

"It's hard to find the braking point and direction of changes in the motor, there is nothing wrong with the tires, there is nothing wrong with the bike, the team did a great job and gave me a fantastic package. I'm just tired. "

"After the last few races I've entered into an effort more in Laguna and Brno, the race is much more difficult than usual. Along with a neck injury from Assen, where I have been struggling to recover as a result of lack of exercise due to busy racing calendar. For the second half of the race I was just too tired, plain and simple. I am very grateful to have finished on the podium. All credit to Jorge, he had a fantastic race, hopefully I'll start the series Aragon fit and well. "

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Simoncelli MotoGP All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Simoncelli MotoGP | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.