Alongside the staggering power to weight ratio, the Lotus Exige S has a completely new exterior and interior look and feel. The dramatic styling overhaul sees a completely new look for the Exige including a new front splitter and rear spoiler giving it a strong and aerodynamic profile.
There are two new interior package options available: Premium and Premium Sport. The Premium Pack provides added comfort and style where as the Premium Sport option focuses on creating an internal space optimised for ultimate driver involvement.
Built for the adrenalin hungry sportscar aficionado, the Lotus Exige S features high performance bespoke tyre package with Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tyres as standard. A Lotus DPM (Dynamic Performance Management) switch allows the driver to switch between three driving modes: Touring, Sport and DPM off.
And if three dynamic settings are not enough, an additional Race Pack option is available which adds a fourth driving mode setting: Race. This setting provides the maximum possible traction out of corners. The Race Pack also features Launch Control and an optimised suspension setting making the car perfect for letting rip on the track.
Commenting on the Exige S, Group Lotus Chief Executive Officer Dany Bahar said: "Anyone who has ever driven an Exige will tell you that it's not for the faint-hearted. The new Exige S skips a few rungs on the ladder to give the driver the ultimate Lotus experience. Quite simply you can't get more Lotus than the Exige S."
Lotus Exige S Technical Specifications
- Engine: Mid-mounted, transverse, 3456 cm3, 2GR-FE engine, V6, 24 valve
- Max Power: 350 PS / 257.5 kW / 345 hp @ 7000 rpm
- Max Torque: 400 Nm / 295 lb ft @ 4500 rpm
- Transmission: EA60 6 speed transverse Sports Ratios manual gearbox with open differential
- 0-100 km/h: ~3.8 seconds
- 0-160 km/h: 7.9 seconds
- Maximum speed: ~274 km/h / ~170 mph
- Fuel tank capacit: 40 litres ( 8.8 gal [UK] )
- Wheelbase: 2370 mm
- front: 1453 mm
- rear: 1499 mm
- Overall length: 4052 mm
- Overall width (door mirrors excluded): 1802 mm
- Overall height - midladen (as per unladen with 2x 75 kg occupants): 1153 mm
- front: 880 mm (including splitter)
- rear: 802 mm
- Ramp Angle
- front: 7.4 degrees
- rear: 16.4 degrees
- Target Vehicle mass - kerb: 1,080 kg