Hopkins Confident for Brno

Monday, August 8, 2011

John Hopkins believes, his appearance on this weekend in Brno, Czech Republic, will be much better than his debut in Jerez on 3 April. The reason, he felt more confident.

Actually, MotoGP is not new to Hopkins, because he never competed in this event before moving to Superbike. Now, he gets a chance to comeback to motor racing's most prestigious competition with the Suzuki team, as the main Spanish tandem rider, Alvaro Bautista.

Spanish Grand Prix which is the second series in 2011, became his debut in MotoGP. But then, his status only as a replacement rider, to fill the place left by Bautista as a broken leg injury. Now, Hopkins is plotted as the Suzuki rider.

"When the race at Jerez earlier this year, I have not had a real experience on the race in 2011, so the results are not good," said Hopkins.

"Now I feel more confident and able to race better than before. I am very excited to welcome the race at Brno, because it includes my favorite tracks and hopefully I can do well."

Hopkins was the last time a full race in MotoGP in 2008, before Kawasaki withdrawing. He then focused on the Superbike race in England this year's series, as well as one-off return to MotoGP in Jerez.

"This is my third race, so I'm really looking forward to it," said Hopkins. "It's been very busy and penance-changing look at three different championship course provides a challenge. But I am very glad to be back among the riders, a great rider in MotoGP."

Despite the optimism could be better than his performance at Jerez, but Hopkins remained aware that the race in Brno remains difficult. Moreover, its rivals already have the experience much more of this during the 2011 season.

"I realize that it would be difficult, because the other riders have been riding a MotoGP bike throughout the season, and I need extra time to reach the speed of the motor and the tires now. But I will try to provide the best for the team," explains Hopkins .

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Simoncelli MotoGP All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Simoncelli MotoGP | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.