Badoer bids emotional farewell to Ferrari

Thursday, December 9, 2010

http://simoncellimotogp.blogspot.com/Luca Badoer made his last look as an official Ferrari test driver at the Bologna Motor Show on Wednesday. Badoer, who has been with the Italian team since 1998, took charge of a 2009-spec F60 for a expression run at the event, which is held annually in the Italian city.

“Even after so many years of responsibility it, driving a Formula One car here, so close to the spectators, so as to let them get a close up feel for the power of these cars is a emotion one never gets used to,” said the 39 year-old. “Plus, today’s experience was more emotional than usual, because it is my last form in my role as official Ferrari test driver.

“The thing I will miss most is driving the Formula One car. I have never been one for the bright lights, as the one and only thing I required centred on my job of taking a car to its limits, working out where there was room for development. Although this is amazing I have missed for quite a while now, as testing has been cut back and there is not much for a test driver to do.”

Even though he had last raced for Minardi in the nineties, Ferrari chose Badoer to stand in for the injured Felipe Massa for two Grands Prix in 2009 at Valencia and Spa. The Italian, however, unsuccessful to shine at either venue, finishing 17th and 14th, and he was replaced by Giancarlo Fisichella for the rest of the season.

“The only apologize for is that I was only able to do two races,” said Badoer. “The team had self-assurance in me at that time and that is something I will always be grateful for. Unfortunately, at the time, I had not been driving for 10 months and establish myself at the wheel of a car that was difficult to adapt to and so I could not show what I could do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Simoncelli MotoGP All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Simoncelli MotoGP | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.